Admit it. You’ve posed this question to yourself at least once in your life. Well, at last someone has distilled down just what it takes to be a superhero. It’s presented in this whimsical, fun illustrated visual by Canadian Illustrator Zia Somjee.
Let’s cut to the chase. Here are the key things that must happen for a superhero transformation:
- You need to get yourself a good genesis story (how’d you get those superpowers?).
- Once you’ve got them, the next step is to learn your new powers.
- Presentation counts. You need a secret identity and a costume; actually, let’s call it a supersuit.
- Now that you’re super and everything, we need something to do. For that, we need to figure out who your arch nemesis is.
- That’s it! You’ve achieved superhero status!
This piece by Zia is over ten years in the rear view. Check out his site for a far more recent dose of fresh visual design.
Source: Zia Somjee via Behance